Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the town hall and town shop located?

The town hall and town shop are located on West Hillcrest Road, just north of Hwy B.

When are town meetings held?

Town Board meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the new town hall on Hillcrest Road, unless posted otherwise.

How do I sign up for Snow Removal for my driveway?

Visit the Forms & Permits page, which has a Snow Removal Contract that you can download, with instructions and prices.

Where is the Recycling Center?

The recycling center is located on West Hillcrest Road, just north of Hwy B.

When is the Recycling Center open?

The recycling center is open Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm, unless otherwise posted. There is no charge for recycling. There is a $3.00 charge per garbage bag.  These bags are used for items not able to be recycled. NO ANIMAL CARCASSES can be put in the garbage dumpsters. For more information, visit the Recycling Center page.

Do I need a Burning Permit?

Yes; since the Town of Garfield is in the DNR intensive fire protection area, burning permits are required for both burning barrels and piles burned on the ground. Always call the DNR Burning Hotline - 888-947-2876 to determine burning conditions EVERY TIME!

Where can I get a Burning Permit?

Burning permits are available from the DNR in Augusta, Trails’ End on Hwy 10, or from Don Brasda. They are also available during recycling hours.

What can I burn with a Burning Permit?

Information on burning times, materials that may be burned, and other regulations are available with permits. There is no charge for burning permits.

Do I have to have an E911 address sign if I own property in the Town of Garfield?

Yes - there is a Jackson County Ordinance that states all town property owners must own and display an E911 address sign.